Recognized by UNESCO as geological heritage of mankind, the Geopark Arouca, welcomes these Catwalks, on the left bank of the river Paiva. Are surrounded by landscapes of unique beauty. A journey that will be in the heart, soul and mind of any passionate by nature. On the way, you can also cross with rare species of fauna and flora.
Serra da Freita yet little knowned, has been discovered. This saw is part of a series of mountain ranges, that reach more than 1 000 m, the “Gralheira” 1057m, the “Arestal” 830 m.
The saw has a lot to offer: charming places, abandoned villages, picturesque villages of shale, many streams and creeks with crystalline waters, endangered species of wild fauna and flora, the cascade “Mizarela” and the stones “Pedras Parideiras”, phenomenon that only exists in Portugal and Russia.
|DEPARTURE TIME||To be defined|
|TRANSPORTE||Transportation available from/to Hotel with extra costs.|
- We recommend the use of a hat and sunscreen
- Use protective clothing and appropriate footwear
- Keep always in groups
- Children should always be accompanied by an adult
- Always take water with you and a backpack/bag to take out the trash
- The Catwalks of PAIVA have a distance of five miles, high difficulty and a linear route.
- Read the remaining standards and conducts of the Catwalks of PAIVA in www.passadicosdopaiva.pt.